The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams.
You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.
Support NFB of AZ by #TakingAction21
Hello fellow Arizona Federationists,
Although 2021 wasn’t necessarily the jumpstart that we thought we would have after 2020, we have come together in true Federation fashion and did not let things get in the way of our unfinished business! Many of our opportunities to get together in person and raise important funds to support our movement were still not possible this year. However, this did not stop us from sharing Panda Express together, buying chocolates or connecting virtually. Like we have done so many times before, we need to take action! A task can seem insurmountable but when we join together to take action, we can complete any unfinished business!
For this reason, our fundraising campaign this year is called #TakingAction21. join with your National Federation of the Blind of Arizona family to contribute to the work we do to raise the expectations of blind people in Arizona.
The #TakingAction21 Campaign is a great way for you to join with your fellow members to support the National Federation of the Blind of Arizona through your generous contribution. As a thank you for your contribution you will be entered into a drawing which will take place on Banquet night for a very special gift! Each $20 donation is a chance to win. Challenge your friends, family, Facebook friends to also Take Action and give. Your name will be placed in the drawing for each increment of $20 you give. Give $100 and you will be entered into the drawing five times.
Donate online now.
Donate via phone by calling Joanne Gabias our fundraising chair at 318-497-2782. Send a check to NFBAZ, 7041 N. 33rd Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85051. Be sure to have #takingaction21 in the memo.
Donations will be considered up until the end of general session on Saturday for the drawing. The winner of the drawing will be announced September 4, 2021 during the banquet.
Please come together once again and with love, hope, and determination help us continue to show that blindness is not what defines you or your future. Thank you for your generosity.
Our 2021 State Scholarship Applications are available now!
Visit our Scholarship Page here.
Thank you for actively participating in our Federation, and supporting us in our mission to Live the Lives We Want.
National Federation of the Blind of Arizona Chapters
National Federation of the Blind of Arizona Divisions
Support NFB of AZ with Amazon Smile
AmazonSmile is a way for Amazon customers to support the National Federation of the Blind of Arizona every time they shop with Amazon.
Shoppers who start at smile.amazon.com will find the same Amazon they know and love, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the price of eligible purchases to the charity of your choice.
Signing up is easy!
Here’s how to sign up for AmazonSmile:
- Visit smile.amazon.com
- Sign in with your Amazon.com credentials
- Choose a charitable organization to receive donations, or search for the charity of your choice
- Select your charity: National Federation of the Blind of Arizona
- Start shopping!
Add a bookmark for smile.amazon.com to make it even easier to return and start your shopping at AmazonSmile.
Turn on AmazonSmile in the Amazon Shopping app
- Make sure you’re signed up for AmazonSmile (use your web browser to visit smile.amazon.com)
- Download or update to the latest version of the Amazon Shopping app for iOS or Android
- Open the app and find “Settings” in the main menu
- Tap on “AmazonSmile” and follow the on-screen instructions to turn on AmazonSmile in the app.
See’s Candies Affiliate Fundraiser 2021
The Affiliate Fundraising Committee has decided that people need the option of high quality chocolate year round to help celebrate Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Birthdays, “Because I want Chocolate” days !
For this reason, the Affiliate See’s Candies Fundraiser ends on December 31st 2021 but don’t wait until the last day, order today!! You can even order multiple times throughout the year!
Click on the link below to be directed to the Affiliate Storefront where you can purchase the chocolate. Only purchases made through this link or the Affiliate storefront will go towards the Affiliate. As a reminder, this is a fundraiser therefore the prices are slightly higher than if you purchase directly from See’s. If people would like to donate directly to the affiliate instead of purchasing chocolate they can also do that by making a donation on our website or send a check to our treasurer, Donna Silba.
Send this link to all your family and friends around the nation because See’s will deliver right to their door!
Buy a Cup, Support a Cause!
Out West Gifts and the National Federation of the Blind of Arizona have partnered for a unique fundraiser to sell 100 personalized drinking cups that you can take anywhere or give as gifts! Not just any cups, these change color when cold liquid is poured inside.
Wanna help us reach our 100-cup sales goal? Click on this link to order: Out West Gifts – Support NFB of AZ
Once there, choose between five color-changing, 24-ounce cups, with matching lid and straw. Color-changing cups must be hand-washed. Unfortunately, no dishwasher please.
COLOR-CHANGING CUPS, choice of 5 (24oz) @ $20 each:
– Opaque to blue
– Opaque to pink
– Opaque to red
– Opaque to teal
– Opaque to yellow
FONT STYLE, choice of 2:
1. Yellow Sun – A casual, handwritten style of font where each letter is upper case only.
2. Autumn – A cursive, but stylish and whimsical font in traditional upper/lower case letters.
FONT COLOR, choice of 5:
– Personalization, such as a name, is created by using precision cut professional-grade permanent adhesive vinyl in the following colors: Black, blue, pink, red, teal, white, and yellow.
*You’ll be able to select your personalization preferences during the ordering and checkout process. For assistance with placing your order or visual description, please email Jenn OutWestGifts@gmail.com
Your support helps give blind people the tools of independence. Over 50% of the proceeds from the sale of these cups will be donated to the National Federation of the Blind of Arizona. To learn more about the organization’s amazing work, resources or to donate directly to the NFB of Arizona. Visit: www.AZ.NFB.org
Please share this information far and wide! Since it can be personalized, anyone can enjoy them!
- Re: Certifications in the Field of Blindness and Low Vision.2019 Resolution 04 WHEREAS, State Agencies, Schools and other training centers serving individuals who are blind or have low vision, perennially struggle to fill vacancies […]
- Re: The Development and Establishment of a New B/VI Teacher Preparation Program to Actively Collaborate With The National Federation of the Blind of Arizona2019 Resolution 03 WHEREAS, the urgent need for appropriate and effective education of blind and visually impaired (B/VI) students, enrolled in Arizona’s public school districts […]
- Re: The Application of the Randolph-Sheppard Act to Military Dining Contracts (Luke air Force Base)2019 Resolution 02 WHEREAS, the Randolph-Sheppard Act grants a priority to blind person to operate vending facilities on federal properties for the purposes of expanding […]
For more resolutions, visit our Resolutions page here.