[Nfbaz-news] FW: Important message from Debra Smith, President of the Arizona Blind Merchants Division

Donald Porterfield donaldpfield at cox.net
Tue Aug 8 03:20:27 UTC 2017

From: Nfbaz-news [mailto:nfbaz-news-bounces at az.nfb.org] On Behalf Of Amy
Porterfield via Nfbaz-news
Sent: Saturday, August 05, 2017 4:19 PM
To: nfbaz-news at az.nfb.org
Cc: Amy Porterfield <APorterfield at saavi.us>
Subject: [Nfbaz-news] Important message from Debra Smith, President of the
Arizona Blind Merchants Division

Dear Federationist and friends,

The merchant Division has been talking about a possible threat to rest area
vending for the past few weeks. A bill has been introduced in the House of
Representatives. The President's proposed budget for FY 2018 communicated
support for the idea. The infrastructure bill that will presumably be
introduced next year is expected to include the option of commercialization
of the rest areas through public private partnerships. Almost 400 blind
entrepreneurs could lose their businesses. The threat is real.

In Arizona two operators will lose their jobs and about ten others will lose
subcontracting income that is essential to their livelihood. We also will
lose set aside money that is used to operate the program.

We need your help in preventing this from happening. We need for you to
contact your members of Congress today to tell them you oppose
commercialization of the interstate rest areas. We've made it easy for you.
Go to the link below:

 <https://nfb.constituentvoice.net/nfbaction>
https://nfb.constituentvoice.net/nfbaction

And send a letter to your two U.S. Senators and House member. The website
will automatically find your members for you. It is as simple as 1-2-3-4.

1.  Review the letter on the website that has been drafted for you to send;

2.  Fill in all of the blanks with your contact information;

3.  Click on "Preview Letters";

4.  Click on "Send All Letters"

It couldn't be any easier.

If you need additional help, please call me and I will do it for you,
480-299-4541. And, if you have additional questions as always, don't
hesitate to contact me.

Warm Regards,

Debra Smith, President

Arizona Merchant Division