[Nfbaz-news] Important message from Debra Smith, President of the Arizona Blind Merchants Division

Amy Porterfield APorterfield at saavi.us
Sat Aug 5 23:19:23 UTC 2017

Dear Federationist and friends,

The merchant Division has been talking about a possible threat to rest area vending for the past few weeks. A bill has been introduced in the House of Representatives. The President's proposed budget for FY 2018 communicated support for the idea. The infrastructure bill that will presumably be introduced next year is expected to include the option of commercialization of the rest areas through public private partnerships. Almost 400 blind entrepreneurs could lose their businesses. The threat is real.

In Arizona two operators will lose their jobs and about ten others will lose subcontracting income that is essential to their livelihood. We also will lose set aside money that is used to operate the program.

We need your help in preventing this from happening. We need for you to contact your members of Congress today to tell them you oppose commercialization of the interstate rest areas. We've made it easy for you. Go to the link below:

https://nfb.constituentvoice.net/nfbaction

And send a letter to your two U.S. Senators and House member. The website will automatically find your members for you. It is as simple as 1-2-3-4.

1.  Review the letter on the website that has been drafted for you to send;

2.  Fill in all of the blanks with your contact information;

3.  Click on "Preview Letters";

4.  Click on "Send All Letters"

It couldn't be any easier.

If you need additional help, please call me and I will do it for you, 480-299-4541. And, if you have additional questions as always, don't hesitate to contact me.

Warm Regards,

Debra Smith, President

Arizona Merchant Division
480-299-4541